It’s just been a few days since I posted my thread about my intent to become a witness, and I already have a few decisions to consider as one. These are some very exiting things happening.
Hard Fork 19
Much talked about Hard Fork 19, comes live at Tue, 20 June 2017 15:00:00 UTC.
My node will support this fork, and I think the new linear reward is an improvement. Though, there is much to work on for the future updates.
- Linear Rewards The rewards will be based on a linear reward instead of, as now, a square reward. A user with 1000 SP will have 1000x more powerful vote than someone with 1 SP
- Increase Vote Impact Voting will be 4x as powerful, resulting in just 10 votes per day at 100% to use up all your reward pool share. To make the same amount of votes as today (40 votes) anyone just needs to set the voting power to 25%.
@aggroed makes some very good comments on the changes and the possible side effects if it. I can agree with these worries, but I hope for a stable switch to the linear rewards.
Increased blocksize by x2
With a account creation of 0.2 STEEM, I agree with @timcliff with the increased blocksize to 131072 to make sure that new users aren’t running into any issues using the page.
Current Nodes Status
My intention is to set up a backup witness node quite soon. Even tough I’m just starting up I wish to show that I’m serious about being a witness and will be making sure that I can support the platform smoothly. A full seed node will also come very soon.
- Main Witness Node running latest v0.19.0
- Backup Witness Node: Coming Soon
- Full Seed Node: Coming Soon
Intent to replace all the dead witnesses
Vote for me as a Steemit Witness
Proud Steemian supporter for the #Gridcoin community
I’m supporting the humanitarian cryptocurrency coin Gridcoin